Moratoc Park, 102 River Drive, Williamston, North Carolina 27892
This beautiful 18-acre, county-owned park on the Roanoke River is located in Williamston, North Carolina and features a river overlook, fishing pier and canoe/kayak launch. This is the site of the original wharf of Williamston, where goods were shipped in and out.
The park was recently renovated with funding from Martin County / Martin County citizens, as well as grants from the NC Parks & Recreation Trust Fund, NC Recreation Trails Program and NC Division of Water Resources.
The park project included renovation of the Moratoc building, which is a beautiful, rustic conference building overlooking the scenic Roanoke River. The building features a full kitchen, bathrooms, stone fireplace and spacious deck. The building has a capacity to seat 250 people comfortably and has an outdoor covered area for cooking (pig pickings and fish fries, etc.). The building is a perfect setting for receptions, weddings, meetings and special events.
The park renovation project also included:
- Addition of playground equipment
- Construction of an approximate 0.5 mile walking trail that connects with Williamston's Skewarkee Trail, a 0.8 mile trail that connects the Roanoke River with Downtown Williamston
- Walking trail benches
- Constuction of a picnic shelter and additional restroom facilities
- Construction of a canoe/kayak launch platform, ADA accessible fishing rails, and a gazebo on the deck
Additionally, several historic buildings can be viewed from the outside, including a one-room schoolhouse and a former lumber mill commissary.
The Rental Agreement and Application are available here:
Contact the County Managers' office at 252-789-4300 or email Martin County@martincountyncgov.com for rental reservations.
Playground Equipment Added 2011
Barnes House Built in 1854
Picinic Shelter Added 2011