The Martin County Inspections Division is responsible for:
- Receiving applications and supporting data for permits
- Issuing or denying permits
- Making all necessary inspections to ensure code compliance
- Issuing or denying certificates of compliance and occupancy
It is our duty to maintain adequate records of permits issued, inspections made, corrections ordered, and certificates issued.
Permits are issued between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday (Cash or Check).
Requirements for Manufactured Housing set-up in Martin County
( Single wide, Double wide, Triple wide )
- You must fill out a Manufactured Home application and return it to the inspections office along with a copy of your septic tank permit or zoning permit if it will be located within the city limits of a town.
- Buy your electrical and set-up permits from the Building Inspectors Office.
- The home must be blocked and tied down properly.
- Water lines must be connected to the septic tank or municipal system. Back-flow preventer valves and gate valves must be installed on the waterline.
- Sewer lines must be connected to the home and the septic or municipal system. (NO ABS AND PVC PIPE FITTINGS MIXED)
- Must be wired according to the National Electrical Code.
- No wires are allowed to be attached to the chassis of the home unless they are in conduit and is secured properly.
- 911 addresses must be posted as 4-inch reflective lettering or on a reflective background visible from the road or at the road in front of the dwelling.
- Requests for inspections should be done after everything is completed prior to the underpinning being installed.
- Requirements for steps can be found at our Online Forms under Building Inspector
Martin County Building Inspections Permit Fees
Effective July 1, 2016
- $ .16 per sf heated + $ .10 sf unheated + elec. @ $ .20 per amp + plumbing @ $5.00 per drain + insulation @ $.02 per sf mechanical by specification
- $ 5.00 per $1000 of cost total
- $100.00 Communication Towers
- $100.00 Plan Review
- $ .20 per sf heated + $ .14 sf unheated + elec. @ $ .30 per amp + plumbing @ $5.00 per drain + insulation @ $.02 per sf + mechanical by specification
- $ 100.00 for an installation permit
- $ .20 per amp on residential construction
- $ .30 per amp on commercial construction
- $ 30.00 for temp. poles / farm services under 200 amp
- $ 30.00 dual fuel meter
- $ 30.00 residential additions (rec., lights, etc.)
- $ 30.00 pools & spas, outdoor signage wiring
- $ 14.00 per ton heating & air
- $ 12.00 per 50,000 BTU heat only
- $ 12.00 per ton a/c only or refrigeration
- $ .02 per SF duct replacement
- $ 5.00 per fixture installed minimum $ 30.00
- $ 30.00 change of sewer
- $ 30.00 gas piping
- Roof replacement (residential) $50.00
- Single wide MH $40.00 + $40.00 elec.
- Double wide MH $50.00 + $40.00 elec.
- Triple wide MH $60.00 + $40.00 elec.
- Solar systems $.20 per panel + elec. per overcurrent protection
- Wind turbines $1,000.00 for installations of 500kw or higher
- Billboard signs $ 100.00
- Demolition $ 40.00
- Fire inspections $ 40.00
- ABC permits (fire/electrical) $ 50.00
- Daycare/foster care $ 40.00
- Re-inspection fee $ 25.00
- Occupancy evaluation fee $ 40.00
- Violation fine $ 100.00 or double permit fee whichever is greater